USA has the world's most flexible education system, students can study their area of interest as specialization. As the education system of USA is not centralized each institute can determine its program and admission standards. Lateral movement in the education system is possible any time. USA is known for its range of world-renowned universities, academic flexibility, and unique pedagogy, due to which the American education system is undoubtedly the best. You will be achieving your first step of success by having a degree from an American University. A US degree helps in improving your career opportunities, perfect your English, gain a global perspective and receive world-class student support. This experience helps you to become more confident, mature, independent and self-reliant.

USA Education Consultants


US B2 visa is one of the best ways for short period visitors to visit US. It is basically issued for period of 6 months. In rare cases, it is issued as multiple entry visa for period up to 10 years.


The documents which required for B2 visa includes:

  • Your passport
  • Proof of funds
  • Letter of your reason for visiting the US
  • Insurance coverage
  • Details of with who you are staying and where
  • Air tickets
  • Proof that you definitely return to your own country
  • Financial documents

Insurance and other documents


xpress Visa is one of the Best visas and immigration companies. Our experience in the USA immigration process makes the best choice for your visa application.

Our expertise teams will help you with:

  • Immigration documents checklist
  • Complete application processing
  • Forms, documentation & application filing
  • Updates & follow up

For more details about visit visa and application process contact us we are always happy to assist you...!


Change a country


Interested in Education in the United States?

Undertaking education in the United States includes both a broad spectrum of study options and a great opportunity to experience new things. You get to know a new culture, you become fluent in a new language and you build memories that last a lifetime while making friends from all over the world. But before you make up your plans and start your education in the United States, it is important to have all the information you need to make the best out of your time in this country.

What you need to know about the United States?

There Are many reasons why almost 100,000 international students chose the United States as their study destination. This country has one of the world’s finest university systems, with outstanding programs in almost every field.
The United States is one of the world largest countries by total area and this makes it one of the most ethnically diverse and multicultural nations.

Capital: Washington D.C.

Currency: American Dollar ($)

Population: 324 million

Area: 9.83 million km²

Students: 21 million (1 million international)

Academic Year: August - May

Languages: American English

Call code: +1

Time Zone: UTC−4 to −12, +10, +11

Education System

The term "college” refers to a four-year undergraduate school where students earn Bachelor's degrees. Colleges can be part of a university, which is a school offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Within either of these educational institutions, you can choose between three different opportunities to study.

Study Abroad : Here you take a few freestanding courses, and study at a school for one or two semesters. Not all universities in the US have this kind of opportunity; it is best to contact the school to get more information. At some universities, you apply to the courses when you apply to the school, but for most universities, you choose your courses when you arrive to start your education.

Undergraduate : You study for a complete education which is normally three to four years long. Most undergraduate, or Bachelor's degrees in the US require completion of 120 credits, amounting to 15 hours of credit each term for full-time students. Upon graduation from an undergraduate education program in the United States, students earn a Bachelor's Degree.

Postgraduate : This type of degree is aimed at students who have already earned a Bachelor's Degree. A postgraduate degree is either a Master's degree or PhD which allow you to pursue an in-depth study of a specific topic of your choice. Students who complete the postgraduate education earn a Master's Degree, which usually takes three to four semesters to finish.

Intake : August and January

It can take a long time for an international student to be accepted to a university or college in the USA. There is a lot of paperwork to fill in and there are many choices to make. It is recommended for you to start planning early, at least a year before you want to study abroad in the United States.

Tuition Fee & Study Cost

Both the tuition and living costs vary considerably between different universities/colleges, educations and cities. Tuition is usually between $5,000 and $50,000 per year. Costs for food and living are normally between $8,000 and $12,000 dollars per year. In addition to paying tuition, you need money for transportation, course literature and personal expenses.

These expenses may be daunting, but there are a number of support systems in place for students to get financial assistance. Thousands of students get funding for college in the USA through grants and loans. Loans are amounts of borrowed money that must be paid back with interest (interest rates are usually low for students). Grants are gifts of money which do not need to be paid back. However, grants often have stipulations such as maintaining a certain grade point average to keep the money.

Many students may also be eligible for scholarships, which must be earned, whether through academic merit, athletic talent, or civic performance. Be cautious of fraudulent scholarship agencies, which often charge a fee in exchange for information. There is also financial aid available for international students to study in the United States, often for education at a graduate level.

We recommend you to do a personal calculation of all the costs to make sure that you have enough in your budget before you arrive in the USA, and begin researching sources of financial aid well in advance. Some scholarships are available to international students to help them cover costs while they study abroad.

There are numerous scholarships and funding programs that covers tuition fees in the United States:

Fulbright Foreign Student Program : enables graduate students, young professionals and artists from abroad to study and conduct research.

Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program : provides ten months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences.

The Tortuga Study Abroad Scholarship : it's awarded biannually to passionate students who want to study abroad.

Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program : for outstanding postgraduate students from selected developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies.

Visa Information

Many Indian students, along with other international students, make plans to go to American universities for college-level education, as some colleges of the U.S.A. are ranked among the top universities in the world. But coming to colleges in the U.S.A. involves more than being accepted academically as a student; it also involves dealing with the legal and governmental aspects of traveling to the U.S.A.As an Indian student intending to study in the U.S.A., you will need to acquire a U.S.A. student visa from a U.S. Embassy near you. The U.S. Embassies in India are located in New Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, and Mumbai.The process for obtaining a U.S. student visa from one of these embassies might seem long and complicated, but the more you are prepared and the faster you put together your documentation, the quicker you will be able to start your adventure at a U.S.A. university.

The type of visa granted to you will depend on the purpose of your visit to the U.S. For academic purposes, students will need to obtain an F-class U.S.A. student visa. These visas cover students planning to pursue full-time degree programs at either the undergraduate or graduate level.

What to do before the visa interview for study in the U.S.A. ?
Make sure that you complete Form DS-160 before the interview for your U.S. student visa. After completing Form DS-160, print out the confirmation page with the barcode on a laser printer. Then, go to an approved HDFC bank in order to pay the visa application fee. Save the receipt from the payment.

should also make sure that you have the I-120 form, which is a form issued by colleges in the U.S.A. for affirming enrollment, and you should make sure to pay the I-901 fee online through the U.S. Immigration and Customs enforcement website. Save the receipt.

Finally, make an appointment for a U.S.A. student visa interview through the VFS website. This will require you to have your DS-160 barcode number and your HDFC fee receipt.

What to bring to the U.S. student visa interview ?
When interviewing for your U.S.A. student visa, make sure not to arrive earlier than 15 minutes before your appointed time, and bring the following documents with you:

Career Prospects

Officially US workers work a traditional 9am to 5pm day or 40-hour week. However, in reality, employees often go beyond this. It could be that you end up working the occasional 12 hour day, especially if you are employed in the legal or medical professions.Two weeks annual leave is standard although some US workers have to settle for as little as nine paid holiday days a year, which is well below the UK average. Paid leave in the USA also includes public holidays such as New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (4th July), Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Not all private business will honor public holidays.

The US economy has shown strong signs of recovery after the global recession and is still known as an economic giant. Unemployment is falling and a number of industries expect significant growth over the next few years. This said, the job market remains competitive and international graduates will really need to sell their qualifications and experience to employers.

The country's major industries include:

  • Aerospace
  • Chemicals
  • Consumer goods
  • Electronics
  • Food processing
  • Healthcare
  • Lumber
  • Mining
  • Motor vehicles
  • Petroleum.
The country also has one of the most advanced media sectors in the world. US film, TV and music has a global audience and there are thousands of newspapers, radio stations and news channels.

Work Rights

It’s not a secret that US university fees are expensive. Fees and living costs at top US universities could add up to around US$60,000 per year. Given this fact, many international students find themselves in the situation where they need to work part-time in order to finance their education and living expenses. Of course, working part-time shouldn’t be solely a need-based decision. It can be great for any student, as it will help you build a solid résumé and gain experience in your field of study.

But you must bear in mind that the US government takes working illegally very seriously and breaking the rules will lead to problems that could jeopardize your student status and even lead to deportation. All of this doesn’t mean that you can’t work during your study years, and we will help you learn the basics of the work authorization process.

What opportunities do you have with an F1 student visa?
If you have been accepted for enrollment in a US university and completed all the necessary steps, you will be able to study in the US after your F1 student visa is approved. The F1 visa category is reserved for academic students enrolled in US universities, colleges, high schools, language training programs, and other academic institutions.

When it comes to international students working in the US, there are some restrictions. Students with F1 visas are generally allowed to work on the campus of their university for up to 20 hours a week.

Always talk to your designated school official (DSO)
If you decide that you want to work part-time during your study years, the first thing you need to do is talk with your designated school official (DSO).

As long as you have a valid US student visa and are in good academic standing, the process should go smoothly. Just contact your DSO and s/he will present you jobs that are available and could fit you.

There are two main types of jobs a student can take: on-campus and off-campus. The second one doesn’t usually work for international students coming to study in the US, but we will discuss the requirements and restrictions for each type.

On-campus employment with a US student visa

Your US student visa allows you to work on-campus up to 20 hours per week when school is in session and full-time during school break periods (up to 40 hours per week). On-campus employment is defined as work that takes place on campus, or at an off-campus location that is affiliated with the school. That could mean working in a university bookstore, cafeteria or other facilities where students can help.

In order to get this type of job, you will be required to apply for it up to 30 days before the start of classes. In order to apply, talk to your DSO. If you are approved, your DSO will provide you with a letter of approval, which you will need in order to get a Social Security Number (SSN).

Off-campus employment with a US student visa
Things can get a little more complicated if you wish to work off-campus, but there are some training programs that F1 students can get permission to work under.

As you would expect, off-campus employment is work that that takes place outside of the school campus. It is not impossible to obtain, but it’s only available to F1 students who have completed at least one full academic year of their program of study, and who have an economic hardship that qualifies for the Department of Homeland Security’s emergent circumstances.

There are two programs especially created for students who wish to gain experience in their field of study: Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT). To check if you are eligible, discuss these with your DSO.

As you can see, there are work opportunities for international students in the US, but you need to make sure you follow all the rules and always check things out with your DSO.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
CPT gives international students authorization to gain employment training and to work in paid internships positions. Students have a chance to work full-time which is more than 20 hours per week or part-time less than 20 hours per week earning money in US dollars and gain work experience in their area of interest. CPT Work Study programs provide students with the support to acquire a paid position on campus or off campus. Not only that, but many of them have been designed to allow students to begin working as early as the first year. CPT must be work training that is necessary to complete a degree program.

Optional Practical Training (OPT)
OPT is an official work permit which allows students to work full time legally post the course completion. All F-1 students are allowed to work under OPT, whereas the duration varies for STEM and Non STEM programs. STEM graduates get the opportunity to work for 36 months and Non STEM graduates get it for an year only. It allows students to get real-world work experience related to their field of study.

There also exists a post-completion Optional Practical Training option for students on M-1 visas, but it is significantly more restrictive than that for F-1 students. Unless otherwise specified, Optional Practical Training is understood to refer to Optional Practical Training for F-1 students.

Enquiry Form

Kindly fill in the details, we will get in touch with you soon.

Abroad Education Immigration & Skill Assessment Visit Visa Coaching